# Avian Infectious Bronchitis (IB):
Avian Infectious Bronchitis (IB) is an infectious disease with acute respiratory symptoms in chickens caused by Coronaviridae.
IB virus is an enveloped RNA virus infection with a short incubation period (about 18~36 hours). After respiratory tract infection, the virus, which replicates in many epithelial cells, will destroy the mucosa to lose its resistance to the virus. The location of viral infection and replication is from respiratory tract (nasal cavity, Harderian gland, trachea, lung and air sac), kidney, reproductive tract (ovary and testis) and intestinal tract. Therefore, sometimes it will also cause obstacles for layer hens.
However, almost all diseases are the same. When there are other pathogens in the respiratory tract, the compound infection will not only cause immunodeficiency or immunosuppression of the chicken, but also aggravate the harmfulness of the chicken respiratory tract, thus increasing the disease and mortality.
Clinically, the disease can be divided into respiratory tract, reproductive tract and nephritis according to its pathogenicity.
(1) Respiratory tract type: cough, rales, increased ocular, and nasal discharge so there are serous, catarrhal or caseous exudation in the trachea, nasal passages, etc.
(2) Reproductive tract type: dysplasia or atrophy caused by dwarfism of oviduct epithelial cells and disappearance of villi, softening of ovarian follicle, abnormal eggs and egg-drop, thus affecting egg laying efficiency.
(3) Kidney type: interstitial nephritis, edema, and urate deposition to cause watery diarrhea easily.
At present, the methods used to prevent Avian Infectious Bronchitis (IB) are:
(1) Vaccination: To the chicks, pay attention not to use vaccines with high virulence for the first immunization, and avoid using vaccines during egg laying.
(2) Feeding Management:
Try in and out of the chicken coop at the same time when disinfecting the chicken coop regularly as much as possible. Pay attention to the control of temperature and humidity. The stocking density should not be too high and try to reduce the stress on chicken flock.
Although Avian Infectious Bronchitis (IB) is not as easy to cause large-scale death of chickens as Avian Influenza. However, there is a great impact on the production efficiency of egg laying and meat production.
In the long-term field experience, Avian Infectious Bronchitis (IB) has a greater impact on the broiler industry than other viral diseases, because of the short feeding time on broilers. The broilers are much less likely to be infected with Avian Influenza and cause large-scale death compared with other chicken breeds, such as breeders, layers, native chickens, etc. with a long feeding time, because the broiler producers tend to neglect the impact of Infectious Bronchitis (IB) on the growth efficiency of chickens.
The feeding cost is the competitiveness of the farm, and the price of broilers is a market mechanism, so the farmer cannot control it. However, if the production efficiency and feeding cost of the farm are better than those of competitors, this is the goal that the farm should be focus on.
The use of non-nutritive feed additive, ImmuniVAP, provides another new solution for highly mutated viral infectious diseases, and can quickly induce mucosal immunity. The IgA antibody produced can neutralize the virus in the mucosa to greatly reduce the risk of virus infection. Furthermore, no matter how the virus mutates in the environment, ImmuniVAP can assist the immune system to produce corresponding target antibodies, which can neutralize the virus quickly and effectively.
Chickens are very sensitive animals and easily affected by environmental changes (cold stress, heat stress, space stress, etc.). In the use of vaccines, disease outbreaks are often caused by flocks or adverse reactions to vaccines.
However, three major effects to use ImmuniVAP:
(1) Make up the gap in vaccine protection due to reducing protection for virus mutation.
(2) Quickly produce antibody and shorten the probability of infection due to the use of vaccines.
(3) Alleviate adverse reactions due to vaccine use.
If you want to know the efficacy and related data of the product, welcome to contact us.